Best Frugality Posts: 85th Festival of Frugality Recap
Greetings all! I hope you’re enjoying the heat, cause I’m not. And I’m sure Stacie is tired of hearing me say “I’m sick of sweating”. But I really am! I long for the cool days of the fall and even winter, when I’m not drenched in sweat halfway on my walk to/from the metro.
Anyway, enough complaining. Let’s get to my picks for the 85th Festival of Frugality hosted by FrugalBabe:
- The Digerati Life advises how to save money when buying those cool gadgets you want
- Ok, some people have called me cheap in my life for turning off the lights when I leave a room, but the Tight Fisted Miser has gone extreme by taking cold showers to save $45 a month. No, uh-uh, not happening here. I’ll just take shorter showers thank you.
- Storied Money wants a hybrid car, but knows she shouldn’t buy one.
- Frugal Panda lists 50 Frugality Bloggers. Maybe I didn’t make the list cause I’m just cheap.
- Free Money Finance details his quest, and success, on buying good basketball shoes for his growing son without breaking the bank in “Becoming Michael Jordan for $14.98“. I agree with some of the commenters that the b-ball crowd cares more about image than saving money, but if they work as good or better than Jordan shoes, then what’s important is his son’s game quality. I don’t think I would ever buy Jordan’s for my kid. The most brand-name thing we have in the house now is my wife’s new Coach purse (a gift for her 30th bday last week).
- MoneyNing explains how wasting miles equals wasting gas.