Ahhh, beer. That was the focus of this evening’s DC Personal Finance Blogger happy hour, since we held the event at Brickskeller in downtown Washington, D.C. While I’m not a big beer fan, I do like to try out-of-the-ordinary foods and beverages, so I opted for:
– a Young’s Double Chocolate Stout and
– (after trying a bit of Mapgirl’s) a Duchesse de Bourgogne
I realized I had the Young’s in Pittsburgh earlier this year, and it was still just as tasty (I don’t normally like dark beers, much less stouts). As for the Duchesse, I’m surprised I ordered one after tasting it, but it grew on me. It basically tasted like A) cider or B) balsamic vinagrette. But it had a smooth flavor and no bite.
The usual suspects were in attendance, but we did have a new face (and a second appearance):
- Mrs Micah (who organized the event)
- J Money from Budgets are Sexy (sporting the mohawk as usual)
- Mapgirl from Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge
- Craig from Budget Pulse blog (honest, I’ll try your company’s budget software one day!)
- and making a new appearance, with only a week of writing under his belt, was Brian from Building Wealth Together. Let’s give him a round of applause for lasting so long!! 🙂
It was good to have a small group because at most we only had 2 conversations running at a time, and we really learned from each other. Even though two of us (Mapgirl and I) have passed the 3 year mark on our blogs, we can still get rejuvinated by the new bloggers, with their fresh minds and go-get-em spirit.
Thank you fellow bloggers for a great night out. It was worth the 2 hour commute to hang out with all of you!