Festival of Frugality #75 Recap
Ok, there’s just a few more days until the NEXT Festival of Frugality hits the web at My Two Dollars, but I wanted to highlight my favorites from this past week’s Festival hosted by Tricia at Blogging Away Debt.
- Grad Money Matters asks How frugal are you? I admit I can be cheap sometimes, and my notion of “value” can sway depending on my mood
- Blunt Money also talks about “Frugal vs Cheap“, and includes a humorous table comparing the two
- ProBargainHunter analyzes Which place sells the cheapest tires? We need new rear tires for our Pontiac soon, and the last pair came from Sam’s Club. However, I didn’t like the service, so I’ll probably go back to my trusty Sears, NTB or Merchant’s.
- Queercents has an interesting method of saving up “mad money”
- Saving Advice has Six myths about babies costing alot of money. As we think about starting a family of our own, we hear the same myths. It’s good to see they’re not all true, unless you make them.
- My Two Dollars tells us when being frugal can end up costing you a fortune
- Thrift Mommy has some excellent ways to lower your summer electric bill. I really want to plant a tree on the side of our house near the A/C unit, but I need to find the right type first.
- Advice and Rants gives us some tips for buying used stuff
- And finally, Stingy Students find out how much change people simply throw away. Wow!
Thanks for reading my recap. Check back next week (or the week after at my current rate) for my recap of the 76th Festival of Frugality!