Weekly Roundup: Pennsylvania, County Fairs and Car Sales Edition
I think this is our last planned trip to Pennsylvania for the summer, but I’m sure we’ll end up squeezing in another one to see friends or family before September. But this time, we’re actually taking a few extra days off work to go to the local county fair in my wife’s home town. We’ll be seeing my family and friends first, then her family, then heading off to indulge in deep-fried Twinkies until my arteries burst with cream-filled goodness.
And last night, I took pictures of the truck to post for sale. I’m not posting until after we get back from our mini-vacation, just so I’ll be available to show the truck. Plus, we’re testing the Pontiac on another long-distance trip to verify it’s road-worthiness if it were to be my primary vehicle.
So here’s the roundup. Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time this week to ready many articles, so I’ll just be able to highlight my fellow writers for the Personal Finance Network:
- Money Ning thinks making the right car purchase means a lot for your financial health. Based on my own quandaries with my truck, I would wholeheartedly agree. Also, Money Ning is giving away $50 gas cards!
- Quest for Four Pillars has really piqued my interest with his trial run of using powdered milk. I also only drink skim milk, and go through a gallon per week, so perhaps I’ll try it out as well.
- Blunt Money states that personal finance is not an either/or world. I guess there’s no gray area in that statement!
- Canadian Capitalist continues his series on finding a financial adviser.
- Squawkfox identifies what stays and what goes in purses and wallets.
Four Pillars says
Thanks for the link and good luck with the truck.
Canadian Capitalist says
Thanks for the link! Have a great weekend!
Thanks for the link and good luck to everyone that joins!
Hey Dude! Does the truck stay or go? Thanks for the mention!
Enjoy the county fair!! I never miss ours. It’s always a highlight for us around here.
Good luck selling your truck too!