Random Links from the Web: March 20th Edition
Now that I’m somehow a “big time” blogger (at least in someone’s eyes), I get a few dozen emails each week from random people that “I’ve posted this great article at…”. I’ve ignored them in the past, but this past few weeks, some of them are actually quite informative. So in what might be a regular weekly posting, here are a few of those articles or websites:
- FiLife did a detailed analysis of free eFile sites and which ones are the best. They even have a colorful and informative comparison chart.
- Free Geekery posted 50 awesome open-source financial tools.
- HR World compared Fortune 100’s list of best companies to work for to their stock returns last year and devised a ranking based on stock price appreciation, just in case you’re into “career golddigging”. But I can tell you that #1 Stanley Associates (SXE) is down about $10 from it’s high last year.
- CollegeDegree.com listed my site in the Top 100 Productivity and Lifehack Blogs list. I’m down in the Personal Finance Hacks section, along with some amazing peers (Trent, JD, Wisebread, Dawn (although Dawn’s link shouldn’t have “www” on it))
- Kiplinger compiled a great resource for best college values, financial aid and other useful articles for students and parents. My own Penn State was down at #45 on the list for public universities. Booo!
Wow, I finally got through all that email! If you have other resources you’ve compiled that are unique and significantly useful, then feel free to send them my way. I won’t promise that I’ll link to it, but I’ll at least check it out.