Clever Posts Of The Week – February 21st
Welcome to another weekend, Clever friends! This weekend I’m going to a black tie suicide awareness banquet with my wife and some in laws. It should be a good time, except for the fact that I don’t own a suit jacket. The extent of my dress up attire is dress pants, shirt and tie. I wasn’t looking forward to going shopping and dropping a chunk of money on a jacket, so I was doing what any red-blooded male would do: I procrastinated. Luckily it paid off, as my brother-in-law mentioned I could just borrow one of his. SCORE!
Of course, there’s a chance that we won’t get to go at all, as we’re in the middle of a blizzard here in the Midwest even as I type this. Hopefully things will calm down and travel conditions will be better by tomorrow night. If not, I guess I’ll just stay in and balance my checkbook. Haha.
Getting down to business, here’s my favorite posts from the last week:
- Should you feel bad for getting a new job? from DINKS Finance
- How much do you usually spend on Valentineâ€™s Day? from FITnancials
- Iâ€™m Not Going to My Best Friendâ€™s Bachelorette Party from Prairie Eco Thrifter
- Taking Your Budget to the Next Level from Suburban Finance
CleverDude was included in the following carnivals and roundups this week:
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults at My Life I Guess
- Lifestyle Carnival at Reach Financial Independence
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Tuition Assist
- Carnival of Financial Independence at Gaming Your Finances
Brought to you courtesy of Brock
Brock is a software engineer by day and personal finance blogger at night. He is a fitness junkie and enjoys grilling and smoking meat. Married with two children, Brock strives to improve his skills as a husband and father, and is always on the lookout to stretch his family’s budget as far as he can.