Cool Costco Summer Retreat Finds for Father’s Day
Whether you are a seasoned veteran of the parental field or if you’re like me and this is your first Father’s Day, you’re probably hoping to not get a tie or socks this year. Kids, take note! In fact, some dads may even be hoping for a lovely trip away. Here is everything you need to know about booking your dad a Costco summer retreat finds for Father’s Day.
Does Costco Have Vacations?
You may be as shocked as I was to learn that Costco not only offers diapers and cleaning products by the pallet but that they also provide tons of other services, vacations included.
Costco makes booking a vacation incredibly easy by visiting Costco.com.
First, you will need to log in using the email address associated with your Costco membership or your member number. After that just click on the travel tab at the top of the page to get started booking a vacation. You may be surprised at the number of retreat options you can book for dad.
Costco Summer Retreat Finds
Once you are on the Costco travel page now you have to choose the fly-out location, trip destination, and the dates you are trying to book. All of this information will impact the price of the vacation and accommodation availability.
Costco Travel has many different destinations you can book this summer but here are a few of the ones we think are best, considering the current Covid-19 restrictions in some countries. All the prices shown here are leaving and returning to Charlotte, N.C. because… that’s where I live.
- Las Vegas, NV: Prices for trips to sunny Las Vegas Nevada start at around $1,000 for a five-day stay for two people. This price includes your round-trip flight and hotel accommodation. For an additional fee, you can add a rental car to your package and even guided tours of national landmarks like the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: If your dad is more of a Jimmy Buffet fan than a gambler, consider sending him to the real Margaritaville in sun-kissed Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Packages for this resort start at around $1,800 for four days with interesting additions like snorkeling in Key West or even a ride in a glass-bottom boat.
- San Juan, PR: A lot of people forget that Puerto Rico is technically part of the United States and for prices starting at around $2,000 you can send your dad there. Luxurious hotels, such as the Hyatt Grand Reserve, offer loads of amenities like crystal clear ocean views, gourmet dining, and an on-site golf course.
These are only three examples of Costco summer retreats you can send your dad on for Father’s Day. Costco offers many other destinations around the world from Rome to Tahiti. Just make sure it’s somewhere your dad actually wants to go before you book it.
COVID-19 Travel Restrictions
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a damper on most people’s travel plans for well over a year now. As states and countries begin to ease restrictions, there are still a few things you need to know if you plan to send your dad out of the U.S. for Father’s Day.
To re-enter the country you must provide proof of a negative COVID test before boarding your flight home. Also, recreational travel to Europe from the United States has been restricted until July 31, 2021. So if you want to send your dad to the Guinness Factory in Dublin Ireland, it will have to wait until August 1.
Some people say the best gift life can give are your children, but sometimes the best gift you can give your dad is time away from you. And, if she’s lucky, your dad might bring your mom along too.
- 4 Costco Tricks That Generate Foot Traffic
- What to Do If Your Costco Product Installer Does Not Show Up
- Why Doesn’t Costco Do Tire Alignments?
- How Costco Liquor Prices Compare to Sam’s Club
Drew Blankenship is a former Porsche technician and lifelong automotive enthusiast. Recently, he began writing for several websites and is enjoying the career change. He lives in North Carolina with his wife and their dog Enzo.