WAAAAY back in August (uh, 2 weeks ago), the Frugal Law Student tagged me to give up 8 random things about me. You can see the first 8 here, and the second 8 here. Usually, when I write personal things about myself, I’ll add it to my About page.
So here’s my shot at yet another 8 random things about the Clever Dude. I hope I’m not scraping the bottom of the barrel!:
- I’ll eat anything that doesn’t smell bad. Some things I don’t like are creamed peas and menudo (just like the Frugal Law Student). I tried menudo and it smelled like rotten socks and didn’t taste much better either. I’ve had cow stomach in Chinese dishes and it was totally different.
- My blood pressure and cholesterol are great! All you people think I’m a rage-a-holic, which I sort of am, but my blood pressure has always been about 120/80 and has actually been decreasing in the last couple years. And with all those Chinese buffets and Fogo de Chao, I still have average cholesterol readings. Nyah!
- I actually tried to get addicted to smoking in college. You heard that right. My parents and sister were/are smokers, and I figured there HAD to be something to this smoking thing. I was a social smoker (1-2 cigarettes per month at a bar), so I decided to go buy a pack. I got through the first two cigs, and lit up the third (with time in between each one). I didn’t get sick or anything, but I just decided that the thrill was gone after the first two and tossed the whole pack. I’m just the lucky one who didn’t get addicted. Oh, and I haven’t smoked since college. It’s not worth the bad breath, dry mouth and guilt about the damage I just did to my lungs.
- Fall is my favorite time of year. I like the smell in the air and football. Speaking of sports…
- The only sport I care about is football. More specifically, I only follow the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penn State Nittany Lions. I don’t participate in fantasy leagues, and before last weekend, I didn’t even know/remember a single player on the PSU roster. I really just care who won, the final score and if the game is on locally.
- My job title is Systems Engineer. A vast majority of PF bloggers are engineers, but I’m not a true one. I don’t have a programming background, and never want to be a programmer. I have a business school degree. Actually…
- I’m getting my masters in Systems Engineering. It took me 6 years to determine what higher education I should attain after my undergrad, and I finally picked systems engineering. It’s what I currently do and the program I’m in is very pertinent to my job. I’m very glad I waited to get more experience and figure out what program was the best fit for me.
- All my sentimental stuff fits into a single large shoebox. I’m sure my mom still has toys up in her attic from when I was little, but I’m not the sentimental type. I don’t really cling to material things, so I keep anything that is/was important to me in a single box. These are mostly cards I got and a few awards. I also kept my PSU acceptance letter and first job offer after school (uh, the only one actually).
I like putting these lists together, and I think you like them too, but I won’t be passing this along to anyone else. However, if you’re a newer blogger, I suggest writing one to let your readers know more about you. Put the link on your About page too.