Since it’s tax time, and I’m a personal finance blogger, I’m getting tons of suggestions from fellow bloggers and PR agents. I think you’ll like some of these links, especially the one about foolish tax write-offs:
- In honor of April Fools Day, the TurboTax blog has posted 12 of the Most Foolish Tax Write-Offs Ever Attempted, and the ludicrous reasoning behind them including arson and witchcraft.
- Career Overview writes about the 10 Most Famous Tax Evaders of All Time. I bet you’ll be surprised at who is listed.
- Are you a user of TurboTax, Quickbooks and/or Quicken? If so, and you’d like to organize your receipts better for next tax season (or just for personal or business reporting), check out the NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System. I’m working on getting a sample to review, so stay tuned if you’re interested. It’s a bit pricey, so I’m going to take that into account too.
- Here’s an interesting and informative graphic on the “Health Care Reform”.
- And if you have a beef against some of the big corporations, now is your chance to vote for the Worst Company in America over at The Consumerist. Here’s the bracket and you can see all the different matchups here. My vote would be for Cash4Gold, or any of thousands of “we buy gold” shops out there.
And from Prosper.com on the $1000 Giveaway:
Prosper.com has just launched the Talk Taboo campaign http://talktaboo.prosper.com/, which encourages people to open up and share their own personal stories about how finances have shaped their lives. Perhaps they invest their tax rebate every year to save enough for a down payment on a house, or are planning to give up their daily latte to pay for night school? We think talking about it is a great way of helping people make some smarter decisions, simply by feeling less isolated in their financial situation.
We’re asking people to share their personal stories with us on the TalkTaboo site, and in return, can enter to win a $1,000 sweepstakes: http://talktaboo.prosper.com/share-your-story/
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."