Alllll the way back on the 9th (uh, Saturday), I wrote how I sent off the final check to pay off our Chevy Malibu. However, I forgot to mention some other important, and interesting, information:
- We bought the 2005 Chevy Malibu in March, 2005 on a 6 year (yes, 72 month) loan.
- It is now about 25 months into that 72 month loan. We paid off the loan about 47 months, or almost 4 years, early.
- Because we made some stupid mistakes with our purchasing decisions, the loan on this normally inexpensive car started at around $25,000!
- That means we paid off about $25,000 in 25 months!
- That’s in addition to paying down about $10,000 on my Honda Ridgeline in the last 15 months!
Just think of what we could have purchased/earned with $35,000 in 2 years! I should also account for maintenance (pretty much just oil and wiper blades), insurance, gas (gets 30-40 mpg), and interest on the loan. Cars are expensive, especially when you pay much more for one than you need.
I’ll take the blame on that one.
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."