Not that I want to take any more classes than I already am, but Melissa from A Penny Closer tagged me to tell 5-10 classes that would (hopefully) fix my life:
- Although this wasn’t the first one I thought of, I think it’s the most important: ANGER MANAGEMENT. I seriously need help, and actually, this might be the one class I would pay for since it would have an immediate effect on my life.
- Personally, I think I’m perfect the way I am, but I’ve been told by, well, ALL of my coworkers that I need SINGING LESSONS. They keep saying they hear howling dogs when I start singing “Unbreak My Heart” by Toni Braxton. Don’t ask.
- Although I’ve gotten many compliments on my self-designed Clever Dude logo, I really have no idea HOW TO CREATE GRAPHICS. If I had to create that logo again, I’m not sure if I would remember how!
- Back in college when I went through about 25 (literally) job interviews with no offers, and I seriously considered trying out COOKING SCHOOL. I really don’t cook anymore, but I could make some mean chocolate refried bean casserole if I tried! Maybe!
- I don’t have the urge to build a bookshelf or a guillotine, but I would like to know some BASIC CARPENTRY skills. However, if I had to pick any instructor, I would choose my father-in-law…or Norm Abram. However, my FIL is more of a do-it-himself type of worker and might be a difficult teacher.
- You may notice that I only have 1 investing-oriented blog on my Reader List (can
you figure out which one?). It’s because I don’t like math and all those numbers and graphs make my head spin. But, if I was stuck in an INVESTING 101 class, then I would probably pay a little more attention. For now, though, I think I’ll just continue buying stocks based on 10 minutes of cursory research.
- I like to think that I’m half-decent at capturing (or noticing) good picture moments. However, the camera doesn’t always match the image in my head, so perhaps a DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY course would be handy.
- HISTORY, HISTORY, HISTORY. I’m not a big history buff in the academic sense, but I love hearing a good historical story. If I didn’t have to write any papers, I think my world history course back in college would have been my favorite. A good storyteller can make history come alive!
- I know how important touch is to people, so I think learning BASIC AND INTERMEDIATE MASSAGE would be a killer skill (with my wife that is). We’ll save Advanced for later.
- I couldn’t think of a good #10, so I asked Stacie. Her response was “HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR EMOTIONAL SIDE“. Apparently the only emotions I show are angry and sleepy.
- UPDATED: Thanks to some commenters, I realized I left out some major classes that I’ve actually considered taking within the last year or two: DANCE LESSONS, SPANISH LESSONS, and GUITAR LESSONS. Thanks readers!
Although this was a good exercise and looking inward and seeing what I’m actually interested in, I won’t tag anyone else. However, feel free to create this list for yourself. Who knows, maybe you’ll even decide to sign up for something while you’re at it!
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."